HomeAbout MeAround the ShopEvents and ShowsTutorials and Recipes

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I have always had a love and facination with old things and felt the need to "save" them. 
I was "green" long before it had a name or became the thing to do for our world and environment.
 I didn't start out selling antiques and never in my wildest imagination thought this  is where I would eventually be in my life.

I started my adult life  marrying my high school sweetheart. 
 We started going steady on our very first date on the front porch of the house we have been living in for the past 30 years.  It is fondly named "Remember House, and is also the house where I grew up that we purchased from my Mother after she retired and started the next chapter of her life. 

 I have been married almost 44 years to my first love, have one adult daughter, two precious grandbabies, and a loving son in law.
 I am also extremely blessed to still have my wonderful Mama in my life and count my blessings each day for her support and love.   
My family remains the most important aspect of my life and will always come first regardless of any situation.  I am very fortunate to be very loved,
 as I know not everyone is as connected to their family as I am. 
It is not always easy, but it is always rewarding.

I am also passionate about animals and find no use for anyone who mistreats them. 
 Over the years we have rescued, kept, and loved more animals than
 I can count and will continue to do so as long as they need me. 
My life is incomplete without the love and companionship of an animal..or many.


 
I started my career early as a secretary and office assistant. 
 I had someone who believed in my ability and intelligence early on and developed my sales skills. 
 I worked as a woman in a man's world for years and learned how to act and not act in life's situations.
I cannot participate in petty differences nor do I enjoy gossip......

I became a Flight Attendant for American Airlines at the age of 40 and reinvented myself yet again, learning more about myself and my world. 
 I flew for 20 years until 9-11 and breast cancer made me realize
the important things in my life were at home.

My antique business had been various booths around the area for 14 years while I was also flying.  After retirement, the opportunity was presented to me to have my own Shoppe.
It all happened very easily so it was something that I knew was "in the cards".

I have had my own freestanding 3,000 antique Shoppe for six years and
have worked every day to make it a success in the worst economy in almost 100 years.

I am truly a Texas girl and love all things grand, with bigger being  better. 
I am also the most positive person I know and believe that things happen for a reason.
I believe I control my destiny and can make my world
and myself as miserable or as happy as I choose to be
.
  It has been a wonderful ride thus far,
 and I hope there are many more miles in this journey I am calling "my life".

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your inspirational site! I really learned alot.

    ReplyDelete